Partner Housing Australasia (Building) Incorporated works with families, volunteers and donors to provide building services, financial assistance and nurture for the provision of affordable housing and village infrastructure to those in need in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
Partner Housing is an entirely volunteer organisation, providing pro-bono professional engineering, architectural and building services and funding to other organisations involved in village housing, clinics, schools, water supply, sanitation and infrastructure in developing countries. We offer two basic services:
- Pro-Bono “Design and Help-Desk” Engineering Services to other NGOs (Non-governmental Organisations) and governments of smaller Pacific countries. The first overseas assignment, in 2005, was the technical auditing of tsunami reconstruction in Thailand, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Since then, Partner Housing has provided extensive pro-bono professional assistance for building projects in Solomon Islands, Kiribati, Cook Islands, Papua New Guinea, Timor Leste, Pakistan, Philippines and India.
- Finance, design, materials supply and supervisor mentoring for village construction projects. Partner Housing is currently providing “funding, mentoring and technical assistance” programs for village projects in a number of Asia-Pacific countries.
Current construction programs include:
- Solomon Islands: Water supply and latrine construction. Partner: Ranongga Community Association
- Papua New Guinea: Affordable house, classroom and clinic construction in villages near Mount Hagen. Partner: Vision for Homes
- Fiji: House construction as part of the Cyclone Winston rebuilding. Partner: Habitat for Humanity Fiji
- Philippines: Basic Shelter and latrine construction as part of Typhoon Yolanda rebuilding. Partner: Save Gibitngil Island Association
Previous construction programs include:
- Cook Islands: Install ground anchors to improve cyclone resistance of houses. Partners: Cook Islands Red Cross and Australian Red Cross
- Bangladesh: Funding assistance for the construction of school classrooms and women’s refuge. Partner: Livingstone School